The site at Sun Lane
"Live, work and relax in one sustainable, deliverable location"
As this is one site, under a single landownership, we have had the opportunity to take on board a lot of the community’s comments and aspirations for the Sun Lane site.
Please click here to view an update newsletter about the submitted masterplan for Sun Lane.
Up to 320 new high-quality homes in a sustainable location
- The new homes will be set around a central green, with potential for a children’s play area.
- A 15m landscaped buffer will be introduced to neighbours to the north.
- A small, natural surface car park will be included for the New Alresford Bowls Club.
- New walking trails will be introduced around the edge of the site.
- We are re-instating the historic field pattern to improve ecological links and screen development.
Provision of 16.8 hectares of high-quality public open space
- The public open space will be designed as a large area of natural parkland.
- Cut grass walking and cycling trails will be introduced throughout.
- Wildflower and long grass meadows will be provided.
- The open space area has also been designed to allow for the provision of a burial ground, if required.
New, modern employment space
- We are aiming at small scale business.
- We have already been approached by interested occupiers. The types of interested users are in line with residents’ preferences.
- A 20 metre planted buffer will be provided on the western boundary between the employment area site and the neighbouring residents.
- The employment zone will also include areas for drainage management systems such as planted retention ponds.
- Through the inclusion of sensitive planting throughout, as well as promoting sustainable elements of design, the buildings will blend into the landscape.
Traffic management plans
The size of the open space provides a unique opportunity to re-align Sun Lane, which could give the Sun Hill schools the opportunity to expand.
To encourage drivers from the new homes to use the A31 junction, the main access road from the site will sit further south so it can link into the realigned road.
A new Park and Stride has also been allocated to the south of the site, as requested by Hampshire County Council.